Our unique advantage
- Located in the 'golden triangle' connecting Asia, Africa and Oceania, Mauritius is the converging point of global civilisations: A place where one can feel the cosmopolitan pulse of the world.
- Recently nominated by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) among the eleven countries in the world that are actually free from conflict.
- The ethical traveller has nominated Mauritius among the world’s ten best ethical destination.
- Mauritius is recognised as a well-regulated and trusted jurisdiction that has successfully established itself as a regional financial centre for cross-border investments.
- The island prides itself of its beautiful landscapes, lagoons and beaches. The pleasant climate and steady economic growth make it a most agreeable place in which to live and do business.
More reasons to bank in Mauritius…
- No withholding tax on dividends, capital gains and interest.
- No exchange control, free repatriation of funds and profit.
- Mauritius has signed the double taxation avoidance agreements with 37 countries so far and is party to a series of treaties under negotiation.
- The island has an impressive track record of political stability and more than three decades of sustained economic growth.
- Flexible, bilingual (English/French) and skilled workforce.
- Modern infrastructure.
- Located in a convenient time zone (GMT +4) which facilitates business with Europe, the Middle-East and Asia.
- Secure investment location with established rule of law.
- Investment-friendly regulatory regime World Class Anti-Money Laundering Legislation Signatory member of international standard setting bodies including the IAIS, IOSCO MMOU, FATF and the IFSB.
- Innovative pool of financial products - Limited Partnerships, Foundations, Private Pension Schemes, RHQs, RTCs, Captive Insurance.
- Recognised International Arbitration Centre.
- A complete eco-system with the presence of international operators.
- Open to foreign investors and talents.
Mauritius has established Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs) agreements with the objective of protecting and encouraging investments made by Mauritian Companies overseas